Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: Download instructions  (Read 72919 times)

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Download instructions
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:48:38 am »

Starting from 3DNA v2.1, we have streamlined the download procedure. Academic users need to register in the 3DNA Forum using their work email. Private emails such as gmail.com, qq.com etc are not accepted. After verification and activation, users can then login to see the Downloads section. With registration, users can post 3DNA-related questions directly in the Forum.

To re-emphasize, you must register and log in to see the Download section (see the screenshot below), and then click *links at that page* to download 3DNA and related programs; specifically, command-line tools such as wget and curl are blocked on purpose. This page is for instructional purposes only; it does not contain active download links.

I strive to continuously improve and extend 3DNA's functionalities for real-world applications. Your comments, suggestions, and bug reports are more than appreciated -- I take careful note of each user feedback. Please be aware that for the benefit of the 3DNA-user community at large, I do not provide private email/personal message support; the Forum has been created specifically for open discussions of all 3DNA-related issues. In other words, any 3DNA-associated questions are welcome and should be directed here.

Specifically, please do not be shy in sharing openly and concretely any difficult/negative experiences you may have in installing or using the software. Presumably, I've made the message simple and clear enough to get across without further explanation. See also the FAQ entry "How to make the best use of the Forum".

By asking your questions on the public 3DNA Forum, you are benefiting not only yourself but also the user community. I monitor the Forum regularly and respond to posts promptly -- browsing the Forum should convince you of my dedication to 3DNA.

Xiang-Jun

DSSR v2.4-2021nov11 has been released, with SNAP integrated into it. The stand-alone x3dna-snap program is gone and its functionality has been replaced by x3dna-dssr snap. Here is an overview of DSSR. DSSR has superseded 3DNA v2.4, with vastly expanded features and dramatically improved usability. Please visit the Columbia Technology Ventures (CTV) website to obtain a license and to download DSSR.

Here is the list of programs (3DNA v2.4 and SCHNAaP/SCHNArP) that can be downloaded from the 3DNA Forum:

3DNA v2.4.5-2021may19 (with C source code, distributed under the CC-BY-NC-4.0 license; obsoleted by DSSR!) -- What's new?. [Log in and click here to see the active download page.] Follow the instructions on "How to install 3DNA on Linux (macOS) and Windows?" and post back any questions you may have.

SCHNAaP/SCHNArP (with C source code, distributed under the CC-BY-NC-4.0 license) -- this package is a bit aged in applicability, but the algorithms implemented there are straightforward, easy to understand, and still valid.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 10:40:47 am by xiangjun »

Offline wdz-victor

• non-commercial
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
Re: Download instructions
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 01:09:21 am »
Hello everyone, how can I get the old version of the program, or how can the new version 2.4 program run through the pymol script. (No x3dna-dssr.exe found in the new program)

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.