Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: "Ruby in cygwin"  (Read 13093 times)

Offline bciezah1

• with-posts
  • bciezah1
    • View Profile
"Ruby in cygwin"
« on: March 17, 2017, 07:15:59 pm »
Hello! My name is Basilio

I am trying to use 3DNA to analyze some MD data. I tried to do it with x3dna v2.0 (32) but it seems that this option is available just in x3dna v2.3....however, when I tried to install this in cygwin64...everything was ok till the computer told me that the problem is 'RUBY' I tried to install it but I did not find how to install ruby in cygwin64.... i really will appreciate your advice

Thank you,

Basilio.
=)

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Re: "Ruby in cygwin"
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 07:43:42 pm »
Hi,

Welcome back. Did you solve the installation problem reported in another thread? Please follow up over there for the benefit of other users.

Ruby installation is easy with Ruby Installer in Windows, and it is accessible in Cygwin.

Thanks,

Xiang-Jun

Offline bciezah1

• with-posts
  • bciezah1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:36:41 am »
Hello Xiang-Jun,

I am trying to install the last version of 3DNA(V2.3) in my computer, but I have a problem. My computer is window 10, I am using cygwin. Firstly, I installed ruby using the link you suggested (https://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/) Then I went to the web to download 3DNA v2.3. I download the x3dna-v2.3-mingw-win.tar.gz version. And I followed your advices:

tar pzxvf x3dna-v2.3-linux-64bit.tar.gz
Here the options pzxvf require some explanation:

p to preserve permissions of the various directories and files. This option may not be required for a personal setting.
    z filter the archive through gzip. With this option, we can work directly from .tar.gz file without first using gunzip.
    x to extract files from an archive.
    v to verbosely list files processed.
    f to use archive file, i.e., the 3DNA tarball file x3dna-v2.3-linux-64bit.tar.gz.

After running the above command, you will get a directory named x3dna-v2.3 which contains the 3DNA v2.3 distribution.
cd x3dna-v2.3/bin
enter into the bin directory of the 3DNA v2.3 distribution.
./x3dna_setup

However, when I ran the last command I got the next error message:

/usr/bin/env: ‘ruby’: No such file or directory

But I just installed ruby.

Just in case, I download the linux version (x3dna-v2.3-linux-64bit.tar.gz) and I tried to install it in cygwin....but I got the same message. I will appreciate your advice,

Thank you,

Basilio.
=)

Offline bciezah1

• with-posts
  • bciezah1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 10:59:33 am »
Hello

I just installed the new version! I installed the bash on linux on window. Then i installed there ruby and finally 3DNA! Thank you!

Basilio.
=)

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.