Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: Where to download the DSSR basic version  (Read 10223 times)

Offline Ying

• non-commercial
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
Where to download the DSSR basic version
« on: September 10, 2021, 10:53:11 pm »
Dear Sir,
I followed the instructions to register, got the confirmation link and logged in apparently properly, I did a lot research but still could not find the link to download the DSSR basic for academic study. Is the program still available?

Thanks
Ying

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Re: Where to download the DSSR basic version
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 11:18:59 pm »
Hi Ying,

DSSR may only be downloaded from the Columbia Technology Venture (CTV) website. I've included a link to the CTV website in several places on this 3DNA Forum. I'm surprised that users like you are still having trouble locating where to get DSSR.

To clarify, I changed the header link "DSSR License" to "DSSR Download/Licensing". The DSSR download link is also included in my signature at the bottom of each of my posts. See also the post "Clarification on DSSR licensing".

Registration on the 3DNA Forum is required in order to obtain the classic 3DNA v2.4 (and SCHNAaP/SCHNArP), and ask 3DNA/DSSR-related questions.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make this message crystal clear.

Best regards,

Xiang-Jun
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:22:43 am by xiangjun »

Offline Ying

• non-commercial
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 04:25:05 am »
Dear Xiang-Jun,

I am sorry that I failed to catch up the information. Now it is clear enough for people like me to find the DSSR download information. I very appreciate it and thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Ying

Offline Ying

• non-commercial
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 09:07:27 am »
Dear Xiang-Jun,

I am very sorry to interrupt you again. I have successfully submitted the application for the DSSR Basic licence on last Saturday. So far I have not received any information on the submission. I wonder is there anything else I can do to get the licence? Thank you very much for your attention and help.

Best regards,

Ying

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 10:16:10 am »
Hi Ying,

Thanks for your follow up. DSSR-related issues are always welcome.

I can see your registration for a DSSR Basic license, as given by the CTV, as of this writing. It is now Monday morning (New York time), which may explain the delay you are experiencing. DSSR licenses are often processed quickly by the CTV support staff. Please keep us informed on your progress. If you haven't heard back from CTV by the end of the day, I'll contact them about your situation.

Best regards,

Xiang-Jun

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.