Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: About the installation of dssr-basic windows version and linux version  (Read 8872 times)

Offline chenlong

• non-commercial
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
Hello! I would like to share with you some recent issues regarding the use of DSSR. First of all, thank you for your great contributions to DSSR and X3DNA, which have helped many scholars and are free for academic institutions to use. My question is as follows:
1. After I got the academic license through Columbia University, I downloaded two versions of dssr-basic for linux and windows. But the windows version of the exe installation package can't open all the time. I have tried it on several computers with win7 and win10, but it doesn't work, so I would like to ask Dr. Lu why.
2. The files in the linux installation package are not in tar.gz format. I don't know how to install it. Could you please tell me. Or is there an installation method I haven't found? I did find it for a long time. So please let me know, thank you very much.  :D

Best wishes
chen long

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Hi chen long,

1. After I got the academic license through Columbia University, I downloaded two versions of dssr-basic for linux and windows. But the windows version of the exe installation package can't open all the time. I have tried it on several computers with win7 and win10, but it doesn't work, so I would like to ask Dr. Lu why.

This is the first time I've heard of problems installing DSSR on Windows and Linux.

I do not understand what you mean by "But the windows version of the exe installation package can't open all the time." Does it work sometime? If so, when and under what condition? What do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Please provide screenshots to illustrate unambiguously the issues you experienced.

2. The files in the linux installation package are not in tar.gz format. I don't know how to install it. Could you please tell me. Or is there an installation method I haven't found? I did find it for a long time.

Then what format do you have from CTV download set? How long have you tried to find any other installation format?

It is fashionable these days to discuss the reproducibility of scientific publications. It's also crucial to ask questions in a consistent manner.

Best regards,

Xiang-Jun

Offline chenlong

• non-commercial
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
I sincerely thank you for your reply. Through another attempt, I found a solution to the problem.

I wish you a happy work and life.

chen long

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Through another attempt, I found a solution to the problem.

Please elaborate on what you did that resulted in a solution to the problem.

Thanks,

Xiang-Jun

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.