Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: blocview.pl  (Read 5258 times)

Offline dj

• non-commercial
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
blocview.pl
« on: September 30, 2020, 08:19:30 pm »
 I am looking for the blocview.pl perl script.    It does not seem to be in the x3dna-2.4 distribution.  How could I find it?   Thank you.   

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Re: blocview.pl
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 10:25:32 pm »
Within the 3DNA v2.4 distribution, the original Perl blocview script has been removed to avoid conflict with the Ruby script with the same name. The Ruby blocview script is the one to be used within 3DNA v2.0. Since you asked for the long outdated Perl script (no longer supported), I have dug it out -- see the attached file blocview.pl.

Note that DSSR 2.0 has replaced 3DNA v2.4. Specifically, the DSSR --blocview option has completely superseded the functionality of the Ruby blocview script in 3DNA v2.4, plus more advanced features. See the paper "DSSR-enabled innovative schematics of 3D nucleic acid structures with PyMOL" and http://skmatic.x3dna.org.

Best regards,

Xiang-Jun
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 12:06:12 am by xiangjun »

Offline dj

• non-commercial
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
Re: blocview.pl
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 09:21:57 am »
Thank you.   And I am also working with the newer version of the underlying functionality.     -David

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.