Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: Notification on format changes  (Read 13985 times)

Offline auffinger

• with-posts
    • View Profile
Notification on format changes
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:36:24 am »
Also as a slight suggestion, it would be nice for those who parse the 3DNA and dssr output to be notified when an update modifies the output format and eventually where.

Thanks again,

Pascal
pascal auffinger
ibmc-cnrs
15, rue rené descartes
67084 strasbourg cedex
france

web sites:
http://www-ibmc.u-strasbg.fr/arn/Westho ... er_pub.HTM
http://www-ibmc.u-

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Re: Notification on format changes
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:28:27 am »
Hi Pascal,

I have split and moved this message from its initial thread on "dealing with symmetrics", since it stands out by itself.

Thanks for the suggestion. Overall, 3DNA v2.x is stable, and I'd be very careful in making any format changes. Form v2.0 and v2.1, the only significant change is the explicit specification of an input file to analyze, which makes the program behave consistently with other 3DNA programs.

As for DSSR, note that it is currently being released in beta. As such, I reserve the freedom to make any changes as I see fit. I normally document significant changes in the release note. It is up to the users to make changes accordingly in their scripts that employ DSSR. Now DSSR possesses features I originally have in mind, and it is becoming stable on its user interface. Moreover, it has laid a solid foundation for future work on RNA structures.

The 3DNA Forum currently has over 1150 registrations, and I do not intend to send a message to the list on every changes I make to DSSR/3DNA. As always, I will be quick in responding to any user questions on the Forum, including those related to format changes.

HTH,

Xiang-Jun

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:56:26 pm by xiangjun »

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.