Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: w3dna web progress  (Read 7786 times)

Offline ghzheng

• with-posts
    • View Profile
w3dna web progress
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:59:38 am »
Hi Xiangjun,

You may take a look at the lately updated w3dna web server:

http://w3dna.rutgers.edu

There, some of functions are under building up therefore may not working. But you can review the general framework. And I will be working on writing documents such as About and Tutorial. I would like to invite you to have inputs on this server, such as suggestion, writings for the "About" section, etc.

P.S. Wilma and I are working on writing a proposal letter to the editor, which should be sent out at the end of this month.

Thanks.

Guohui

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Re: w3dna web progress
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:04:24 pm »
Hi Guohui,

The new site is really shaping up, especially 'blocview' is working -- which means the web-environment is set up correctly now.

At this stage, I think you could focus on getting fundamentals done, leaving the fancy parts later. Some random thoughts:
  • Put site logo at the top-left, with text in the right
  • Possible title text could be: w3DNA -- a web-interface to (commonly used functionality of?) the 3DNA software package for (the analysis, rebuilding and visualization of?) three-dimensional nucleic acid structures
  • Give the three sections "Analysis" ... a different font/size; using style-sheet to get rid of the link-underline
  • In fiber models section, I do not think we should provide "Mixing form (A, B, C, Z)": this is a section for (experimental) fiber-based models ONLY.
  • Again, in fiber models section, make the selection list more specific and informative by providing more information regarding each model, instead of the generic "Model-xx form fiber". Run 'fiber -m' to see the detailed info.
That's it for now, more to follow later on.

Xiang-Jun

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.