Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: DSSR Download and Installation  (Read 7310 times)

Offline se3DNAcct

• with-posts
    • View Profile
DSSR Download and Installation
« on: September 26, 2018, 04:17:18 pm »
Hello,

When I download the DSSR executable for MacOS, I only get the following text file whose contents are unintelligible.  How can I get the correct download in order to install DSSR?  Please advise; your help is much appreciated!

Thank you very much.

Note added by Xiang-Jun: the attached DSSR program for macOS was removed on 2019-09-27.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:02:35 pm by xiangjun »

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Re: DSSR Download and Installation
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:48:51 pm »
Hi,

Please check the following two things:

• The .dms extension (thus x3dna-dssr.dms instead of the intended x3dna-dssr) is added by Safari on macOS. Using the Google Chrome browser won't have the problem. To avoid confusion, you could simply remove the extra extension by: mv x3dna-dssr.dms x3dna-dssr
  • Change the access permissions of the downloaded x3dna-dssr file, by using the chmod u+x command option to make it executable. Then DSSR should work -- check it out: x3dna-dssr -h

I've updated the DSSR User Manual with a note on the extra .dms on macOS. Please read it and let me know if anything is still unclear.

HTH,

Xiang-Jun
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:53:03 pm by xiangjun »

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.