Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: window 7  (Read 9005 times)

Offline amitkdbs

• with-posts
    • View Profile
window 7
« on: December 15, 2010, 12:47:48 pm »
I want to use this X3DNA software on window. but I am facing problem. I have Window 7 Home and I downloaded the X3DNA software for windows. I got the folder but I am not able to find installation file. I would appreciate for your help

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Re: window 7
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:09:23 pm »
Thanks for using 3DNA in Windows!

Which version of 3DNA are you referring to? If you are still using v1.5, it is definitely time to upgrade to v2.0. There are two 3DNA v2.0 binaries for Windows:

• Cygwin on Windows (see Cygwin homepage for details)
  • Native Windows binaries with MinGW (see MinGW homepage for details; you may also want to have MSYS installed)
I am not a regular Windows user, but I did not meet much problem to compile 3DNA on a Windows XP machine in the two environments. I guess they should run on Windows 7, if you install either Cygwin or MinGW/MSYS -- you are the first to report such a problem of installing 3DNA on Windows. Please have a try and report back how it goes.

Any comments from other Windows users?

HTH,

Xiang-Jun

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.