Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Questions and answers > General discussions (Q&As)

3DNA version 2.0

<< < (2/2)

barth:

--- Quote from: "ramon989" ---...
I've read about version 2.0 of 3DNA. (The website works really nice)
1. I sent an E-mail to prof.dr. Olson, but I never get a reply, yet I still would like to use 3DNA v2.0 in the future. Help ?

--- End quote ---

Also we would like to use version 2.0, but we are not able to because of the same reasons.

Bart Hooghe,
PhD student bioinformatics,
VIB UGent

xiangjun:
Thanks for your interest in 3DNA and for sharing your difficult experience with the user community. Over the past few months, I have received (being CC-ed) dozens of email requests for 3DNA v2.0, and I am just wondering if anyone has a more positive story to cheer up the mode of this thread a bit -- any feedback?

Technically, I have already done everything as far as 3DNA v2.0 itself is concerned. What's leftover is distribution, the final stage of a software product, presumably an exciting experience both to the author and the user community. Rutgers has licensed 3DNA and required that it is distributed in a protected fashion, with user registrations etc. In principle, it is easy to release the tarballs of 3DNA v2.0, which I compiled early this year, automatically through a web-form. Even dealing with each individual user's request manually, on a case-by-case basis, should take no longer than a few minutes. Over the times, I have mentioned to Rutgers several times that distributing 3DNA as widely as possible (with proper measure of protection of intellectual property) is to the benefit of everyone who really cares about the software product, and it is also an obligation per the 2008 3DNA Nature Protocols publication.

Xiang-Jun

1982leoyao:
发邮件给Dr. Wilma Olson,他又不回,有谁得到并使用了3DNA V2.0?

franpre:
Hello everyone, good seeing the forum is quite active on such an specific topic. I want to introduce this software to my Professors at UPR-RP so I guess I will have to tinker around here.

xiangjun:
Welcome to join the forum! You (and every subscriber) are welcome to post any question that is related to the 3DNA software package, just remember to follow common-sense rules.

Xiang-Jun

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.

Go to full version