Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Questions and answers > MD simulations

H-bonding information in MD analysis output

(1/3) > >>

Andre:
Hi All,

I have used the x3dna_md.rb script and it has worked perfectly. However, is there a H-bond parameter that it will analyse? I cannot see any H-bond information in the x3dna_md.out file.

Kind regards,

Andre

xiangjun:
Hi Andre,

First, thanks for posting your question in the forum! The more user feedback, the merrier.

Second, you may notice that I have split your post from the thread "Ruby scripts for the analysis of MD simulation trajectories" which is too long (18 posts now), and spans two pages.  I have added a new subject line "Re: H-bonding information in MD analysis output" for the new thread.

Third, and more relevant to your question, are you referring to adding a new section for the H-bonding information? An example would be:
<hbond>
   1 C-----G  [2]  O2 - N1  2.99  N4 - O6  2.98
   2 C-----G  [3]  O2 - N2  2.74  N3 - N1  2.84  N4 - O6  3.17
   3 T-----A  [2]  N3 - N1  3.09  O4 - N6  2.86
   4 A-----T  [2]  N1 - N3  2.78  N6 - O4  3.05
   5 A-----T  [2]  N1 - N3  2.81  N6 - O4  2.76
   6 T-----A  [2]  N3 - N1  2.71  O4 - N6  3.06
   7 A-----T  [2]  N1 - N3  3.12  N6 - O4  3.12
   8 G-----C  [2]  N1 - N3  3.00  O6 - N4  2.75
   9 A-----T  [2]  N1 - N3  2.93  N6 - O4  3.12
  10 A-----T  [2]  N1 - N3  2.90  N6 - O4  2.93
  11 A-----T  [2]  N1 - N3  3.01  N6 - O4  3.05
  12 T-----A  [2]  N3 - N1  2.80  O4 - N6  3.12
</hbond>
If that's the case, then it won't be much a problem to parse and add it into the output file. Otherwise, please provide a concrete example to show exactly what you mean.

Please confirm.

Xiang-Jun

Andre:
Dear Xiang-Jun,

Thankyou for the quick reply.

Yes, I would like to have a new section with the H-bonding information in the output file, I am not familiar with ruby, and do not know how to do this using the x3DNA_md.rb script. There are 100 md*.out files to process for a given structure and the script has been very helpful in collecting the DNA parameters.

Kind regards,

Andre

xiangjun:
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your feedback. I will add a section of H-bond parameters (hopefully) by tomorrow, and then release an updated version of the Ruby scripts. So stay tuned, and check back the forum.

Xiang-Jun

Andre:
Dear Xiang-Jun,

Thankyou very much for that. Greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.

Go to full version