Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Questions and answers > General discussions (Q&As)

Re: How to install 3DNA on Windows?

(1/4) > >>

MingyuSun:
I am sorry for keep bothering you for silly question. After I run"./x3dna_setup", I can't do the key parts colored red. I put my case in the attachments. I can't find ~/.profile. is it just be in linux? It seems that I can't find that under windows.

xiangjun:
Please follow a thread though instead of jumping around. Let's stay in the current thread until you've really got 3DNA up and running.

Please perform the following steps:

* Double-click the msys icon to get the shell
* Within the opened terminal, type the following commands strictly:

--- Quote ---echo    'export X3DNA=$HOME/x3dna-v2.3' > .profile
echo     'export PATH=$X3DNA/bin:$PATH' >> .profile
cat     .profile

--- End quote ---

* Close the shell
* Double-click the msys icon to open another shell
* In the opened terminal, type: fiber -h

MingyuSun:
Sorry for that and sorry for failing to notice your reply in time, which may due to that I forgot to choose the e-mail notification. There may be something wrong for me. If I double-click the msys icon to get the shell and type the commands, I will see fig. install 04. And then I close the shell,
double-click the msys icon to open another shell, type "fiber -h", I will see install 06. I also tried to do the first three steps of installation, and type the commands you gave me in the reply, that is fig. install 05, but I meet the same case as fig. install 06.

xiangjun:
Did you notice the *space* in the original commands I gave?
 echo   export, and cat     .profile

Now I've modified my previous reply with more spaces to make it clear.

You could use tab or many than one space.

Try again.

MingyuSun:
I am really grateful for you! I am very excited now! Thank you very much for your great creation and patience! I am exploring happily now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.

Go to full version