Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: create bases?  (Read 6376 times)

Offline Charu

• with-posts
    • View Profile
create bases?
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:43:44 am »
Hi,
I am working on 3DFV from pdb. In Y chain of the DNA it has TTCAGATA... while in its complementary chain it has TATCTG , now I want two AA at the end of Z chain so that base pairs are completely formed, could you tell me if it's possible?
Thanks a lot!

Offline Charu

• with-posts
    • View Profile
Re: create bases?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:10:36 am »
The output file generated by analyze shows only 18 base pairs and does not include the first two TT in Y chain.

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:49:04 am »
The output file generated by analyze shows only 18 base pairs and does not include the first two TT in Y chain.

The first two TTs on chain Y are not paired to AAs in 3dfv: 'find_pair' identifies all 18 bps available and 'analyze' outputs only parameters for those 18 bps. Everything is as expected.

As for your first question, i.e., pairing the two TTs in chain Y with two AAs in chain Z, have you checked if the two ends are pseudo-continuous in crystal packing? If so, write the full coordinates in a PDB file, and then 3DNA 'find_pair/analyze' will work accordingly. If not, you need to model the pairing with certain assumption/approximations. 3DNA has no direct facility for the job, but may be tailored for the purpose. On the other hand, please have a check of Coot, NAB, PyMol etc tools which may fit the job better. Please report back how it goes, and I will consider adapting 3DNA for your requirement if no other practical approach is available.

Xiang-Jun
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:18:02 pm by xiangjun »

Offline Charu

• with-posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:46:13 am »
Thanks a lot, sir.
I'm not very familiar with pdbs and PyMOL as I am still learning, I will definitely try to do as you guide in some time and let you know how it went.

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.