Netiquette · Download · News · Gallery · Homepage · DSSR Manual · G-quadruplexes · DSSR-Jmol · DSSR-PyMOL · DSSR Licensing · Video Overview· RNA Covers

Author Topic: 3DNA on 64 bit Linux (Ubuntu)  (Read 6446 times)

Offline feixu

• with-posts
    • View Profile
3DNA on 64 bit Linux (Ubuntu)
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:52:36 pm »
I have to work at 64 bit Linux (Ubuntu) system. Now I can't run X3DNA (32 bit Linux version) at 64 bit Linux system.
Do we have any solution to avoid this problem or we need to compile 3DNA at 64 bit Linux (Ubuntu)?
Thanks a lot!

Fei

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
Re: 3DNA on 64 bit Linux (Ubuntu)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:19:58 pm »
Hi Fei,

I did not realize 3DNA v2.0 compiled in 32-bit Ubuntu Linux does work in a 64-bit machine. Yours is the first reported case. Any comment / experience from other users?

Anyway, check email for download link to 3DNA v2.0 compiled in Scientific Linux 6 x86_64. Do report back here if it works, or not.

Xiang-Jun

Offline feixu

• with-posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »
Hi! Xiang-jun:
Thanks a lot! It works smoothly.

Fei

Offline jrom

• with-posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:48:50 am »
I have a problem with running 3DNA on 64 bit Fedora. It says "can't execute the binary file" whenever I try to run any of the programs from 3DNA/bin directory. The PATH and X3DNA environmental variables are set correctly.
Is there a version of 3DNA for 64 bit Linux systems available?

Offline xiangjun

• Administrator
  • with-posts
    • View Profile
    • 3DNA homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 12:59:01 pm »
Quote from: "jrom"
I have a problem with running 3DNA on 64 bit Fedora. It says "can't execute the binary file" whenever I try to run any of the programs from 3DNA/bin directory. The PATH and X3DNA environmental variables are set correctly.
Is there a version of 3DNA for 64 bit Linux systems available?
Glad to know the detailed error message. With two cases, now it seems clear that the 32 bit version of 3DNA compiled in Ubuntu does not work in 64 bit machines.

Check email for download info of a 64-bit compiled version of 3DNA and report back if it work on your 64 bit Fedora.

Thanks for using 3DNA and posting in the forum.

Xiang-Jun

Created and maintained by Dr. Xiang-Jun Lu [律祥俊] (xiangjun@x3dna.org)
The Bussemaker Laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University.